Hello again everyone. Hope y'all are having a great day ! ! Beautiful one here today, although temps got down into the 30's again last night. Hopefully our cooler weather is about done for this year. The peach trees are now in blossom and warm weather is just around the corner.
Jack is off to Valdosta to get a hitch for my van. He is now the proud owner of a 1948 Jeep which he bought this week-end on ebay. He has been looking for one for a while....although don't ask me why we really need it. The yard is full of vehicles now, but you know about "boys and their toys". Anyway, we will be driving up to a place called Seaman, Ohio to pick it up sometime later this week. Should be an easy drive (about 12 hrs.) as it is straight up I-75. I've warned Jack, however, that payment for his buying the jeep is that he gets to stop at all the outlet malls along the way so I can shop ! ! ! Believe it or not this jeep only has 22,000 miles on it. Apparently it was owned by a farmer who only used it on his farm and it was garaged when not in use. Looks good in the photos, it is blue. Jack talked with the guy on the phone and got all the details. He has been researching jeeps for a while now and buying various books about them. He learned to drive on a jeep on his grandfather's farm and I hope he will enjoy this one.
And speaking of ebay, I have been trying my hand at selling a few items lately. Had pretty good luck with the first batch and will see how the latest ones do. I've been trying to clean out my closets and figured this was a way to get rid of some things that I either don't, won't or can't wear any longer. Kind of fun actually and I have enjoyed the experience.
Plans are now pretty well set for our trip to New Jersey the end of April for cousin Margot's wedding. Hotel reservations have been made and Bruce and Jodi have their airline reservations. Should be a great time I think. The reception will be held at a place called Mayfair Farms in West Orange, NJ (www.mayfairfarms.com) and it looks like a lovely place for a wedding reception. Check it out on the web.
Monday, March 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment