It has been a while since I last posted and figured it was time to at least leave a note for those of you who might be interested. We have been busy here having the wrap-around porch on the house screened in. The process is now 99% complete, and we really like the look. Garfield, on the other hand, doesn't seem too certain how he likes the change. We installed a pet door on one end, but thus far, despite our best efforts, he refuses to use it. Instead he sits patiently at one of the four doors waiting for someone to open it for him. I have no doubt that he is very capable of using a pet door, but what it comes down to is whether he will continue to stubbornly refuse to use it. Ahhh, cats ! ! !
Like much of the country winter arrived in Quitman several weeks ago and we have continually had temps down into the 20's most nights. Although the sun has been out most days, the wind has been very biting. Yesterday it finally warmed up to what felt like more typical weather for us and Jack and I are now looking forward to spring. I have about 10 Boston ferns hanging on the porch and many of them look pretty sad after the cold weather. Once I know the temps will remain warmer I will trim them back and I'm sure they will revive and look good again. I bought some canna bulbs a couple of weeks ago but will wait a bit longer before putting them in the ground.
My best friend, Nancy, and I have decided to enroll in a Master Gardener course offered by the University of Georgia thru the Extension Office in Valdosta. She and I really enjoy flowers and had hoped the course would be quite interesting. It turns out that much of the 20 week course involves such things as turf maintenance, pest control and such. Not exactly what we had in mind, but we have signed up for the class nonetheless and hopefully will find it an educational experience. Upon completion we will be required to do 50 hours of community service work to complete the process. Will let you know how it goes.
Hope all my family and friends across the country are staying warm. I know that many of you have had lots of snow recently. Till next time.....Have a great day ! ! !
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment