


He is so proud of this little Jeep and it sure seems to run "like a top", particularly after he changed the oil, plugs, etc. He has joined an online forum with other Jeep owners and has gotten lots of advice from other members who have similar vehicles.
I had my first "Master Gardeners" class this week and really enjoyed it. I think much of the subject matter may get a bit boring (particularly things like scientific names of plants, pest control and such) but will do my best to absorb the information we are given. Let's hope I don't make a fool of myself and flunk the mid-term and final exams ! ! ! Been a long time, after all, since I have been in school. There are 39 people (the maximum allowed) in the class and apparently there is a waiting list for the class next year. I am particularly enjoying the opportunity to meet new people and if nothing else, this will be a good opportunity for me to make some new friends.
It wasn't a particularly wonderful day for me today in the sense that my brand new van got crunched quite badly in an automobile accident earlier today. And I can't even blame it on Jack ! ! ! I was driving and he was just a passenger. Fortunately no one was injured but my van is now missing much of the front end. Had to be towed off by a wrecker and we will await instructions from the insurance adjuster as to what the next step will be. Apparently the local Nissan dealer in Valdosta (we bought the van in Tallahassee) does not do body work so we will have to find out where Allstate Ins. recommends we get it repaired. My agent says I should hear from the adjuster no later than tomorrow. Fortunately we have a "yard full" of vehicles so I won't lack for transportation and, of course, it was a blessing that everyone seems to be fine. Apparently the young man who was driving the other vehicle (a pick-up truck hauling an open trailer) only had a learner's permit and was alone in the vehicle. Guess we will let the insurance companies deal with all that ! !
Not much else exciting for the moment, but you must never know what might happen tomorrow ! ! ! Will keep you posted. Hope all my friends/relatives out there are doing fine, and for heavens sakes, don't get into any accidents. Take good care.
No comments:
Post a Comment