What incredibly gorgeous weather we have had for the past week or so. I even have roses blooming already. About 6 blossoms on my red climbing rose and three buds about to open on the yellow rose. Today (and the remainder of the week I think) temps are up into the 80's. I have been outside working in my flowers, feeding my azaleas, trimming roses and planting new annuals, etc. I got so warm I decided maybe it was time to put on my swimsuit and try out the pool. Oh.....My......Gosh ! ! ! ! I wouldn't have believed that 72 degree water could feel so COLD ! ! ! Trust me, it is not exactly swimming weather yet. I remember when I lived in Maine we loved it when the pool temp got up to 72. What was I thinking ! ! ! Guess I have been spoiled. However, I haven't totally given up and at least I got some sun for a little while.
Jack had several loads of loam hauled in yesterday for what used to be part of the driveway and will now become part of the lawn. Joe (our jack-of-all-trades) is here working getting the new section of lawn seeded and Jack is putting together lights that he is making to line the new long driveway. He had Joe put up some PVC pipes into the ground maybe 15' or so apart and Jack is trying to fashion some lights to put on top of them. He found some wonderful galvanized funnels that must be at least 18" in diameter and is going to wire them to act as "lampshades" on the PVC pipe. I think they will be really cute and will fit in appropriately with the farm landscape. His creative side is really kicking in with these. I will post a photo once they are completed.
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Uhhh...she _meant_ that the lights are 150' apart (as you could probably guess from the long shot of the drive!), and putting the PVC in wasn't the BIG part! Threre's a powerline buried under that *HARD* ground, to supply power to each of the post lights plus provide our tenant with electricity for his electric fence supply out at the paved road. We're still waiting for the rest of the funnels to come in at Tractor Supply, but you can imagine the look they gave me when I told them that I wanted to order a total of eight! Hoping to have them sometime next week.
Post a Comment